"The Last Supper"

Franconia, c. 1510/20

JESUS WITH ST. PETER, ST. PAUL AND ST. JOHN
High relief, originally central part of a sculpture group of the “Last Supper”

Lime wood, reverse flattened, original polychromy,
tracery pedestal later addition
Height: 51 cm / height without pedestal: 32 cm, width: 49.5 cm, depth: 12.5 cm



Provenance: private collection, Southern Germany
Old inventory number of the Bavarian National Museum on the reverse: 1828 M.A. K VI 1195

Literatur: Hugo Graf: Katalog des Bayerischen Nationalmuseums, 6. Band. Das Mittelalter. II. Gothische Alterthümer der Baukunst und Bildnerei [= Catalogue of the Bavarian National Museum, vol. 6], Munich 1896, p. 10, no. 1195.